Upgrading the Firmware on a ChameleonMini RevE-2
1. Checkout the ChameleonMini Repository
git clone https://github.com/emsec/ChameleonMini.git
2. Navigate to the ChameleonMini Firmware repository and run the "make" command.
If you have any issues running make, you may need to install the AVR8 GNU toolchain.
3. Install DFU-Programmer (version 0.7.2 works well)
4. Navigate to the folder containing the DFU-Programmer archive.
5. Unpack the archive.
tar zxf dfu-programmer-0.7.2.tar.gz
6. Configure the build. May also need to ./bootstrap.sh for older versions.
7. Execute the build and install
sudo make && make install
8. Make sure that the DFU-Programmer was install successfully. The command below should return a brief help message.
9. Activate DFU mode on the ChameloenMini by holding down the button while powering on.
10. Confirm that the "DFU bootloader" is available
11. If you see the "DFU bootloader" run the following commands to update the ChameleonMini. The steps below may require root privileges.
dfu-programmer atxmega32a4u erase
dfu-programmer atxmega32a4u flash --eeprom Chameleon-Mini.eep
dfu-programmer atxmega32a4u flash Chameleon-Mini.hex
12. If successful your ChameleonMini should now be updated.
Also in Blog
BH/DC sale until August 15th 2018. Get 10% off plus free shipping on purchase of $200 or more.