How to Install a Proxmark3 Driver on Windows 10
Follow the instructions below to install the Proxmark3 CDC driver on a computer running Windows 10.
Before beginning, be sure to download the V3.0.1 distribution which contains the driver file.
A video of the instructions can also be found below:
Step 1: Connect the Proxmark3 to your Computer.
Step 2: Open device manager. You should see the following in the ports section.
Step 3: We will now need to disable driver enforcement so we can install the driver. While holding down shift click the restart button, this will bring you to the startup options.
Step 4: Navigate to Startup Settings.
- Click Troubleshoot
- Click Advanced Options
- Click Startup Settings
- Click Restart
Step 5: Disable Driver Enforcement
- Press the 7 key on your keyboard, this will restart your computer.
Driver enforcement will automatically be turned back on when you restart your computer.
Step 6: Install the Driver
- Open device manager and navigate to the Ports section.
- With your Proxmark3 still connected right click on the USB Serial Device (COM#). Click Update Driver Software.
- Click Browse my computer for driver software
- Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
- Click Have Disk
- Navigate to the location of the Proxmark3 Driver you downloaded earlier. It should be a file in the driver folder called proxmark3.
- Click OK and then Next. Your Proxmark3 driver should now be installing.
- You should receive a dialog box window saying the driver was sucessfully updated.
- Close that window and you should now see under ports "Proxmark3 COM#".
Step 7: Verify your Proxmark3 Driver was installed correctly.
- Go to windows client section and try to the connect to your Proxmark3.
Prox/RFID mark3 RFID instrument bootrom: master-rysc/v3.0.1 2017-09-21 19:05:39 os: master-rysc/v3.0.1 2017-09-21 19:05:45 LF FPGA image built for 2s30vq100 on 2015/03/06 at 07:38:04 HF FPGA image built for 2s30vq100 on 2017/05/17 at 17:48:26 uC: AT91SAM7S512 Rev B Embedded Processor: ARM7TDMI Nonvolatile Program Memory Size: 512K bytes. Used: 192390 bytes (37). Free: 331898 bytes (63). Second Nonvolatile Program Memory Size: None Internal SRAM Size: 64K bytes Architecture Identifier: AT91SAM7Sxx Series Nonvolatile Program Memory Type: Embedded Flash Memory
Also in Blog
BH/DC sale until August 15th 2018. Get 10% off plus free shipping on purchase of $200 or more.